Thursday, June 23, 2005

Bye mom...

Took my mom to the airport today. She'll be gone until July 12th. I thought I would hyperventilate when I got in the car to leave. I don't know why it makes me such a wreck every time she leaves, but I was a mess! Been checking her flight status all day long to make sure she's where she's supposed to be. I remember reading a book once by Erma Bombeck that touts "when did I become the mother and my mother become the child?" It's so funny because I can totally relate to that statement now!

Last night I went over to her house and was helping her pack. We sat in the floor of what used to be my room and talked while I painted her toenails purple and we tried to decide what clothes she would pack. I complained about having to go over there to help her, but I'm so glad we got to spend some time together before she left. Today we went to the Cracker Barrel for breakfast and she tried to go pee in the kitchen. She cracks me up! I'm gonna miss the hell out of her... Can't wait until she calls me tomorrow so I know that she made it in ok!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home